Working at the District Attorney's Office
Employees of the District Attorney's office are entrusted with the critical work of protecting and fighting for our community, with opportunities for an unique experience and professional development.
The District Attorney seeks to grow and hire a diverse team of prosecutors, paralegals, investigators, and staff to support the office's mission. Those employees are provided comprehensive benefits and are encouraged to pursue personal and professional development during their time at the office. The employees are expected to maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism, yet can still maintain a positive and healthy work life balance.
Please see the listing of open positions below. If you are interested in any employment opportunities, please contact our Human Resources Director. You will be asked to submit your job application materials with the specific job reference number for the position you are applying for, which may include a cover letter, resume, and university transcripts.
Human Resources Director:
The District Attorney's Office is always eager to teach and mentor law and undergraduate students through externship opportunities. However, due to personnel limitations, the office can only accept student applications at the beginning of each semester.
For students from the University of New Mexico School of Law, we accept resumes and applications through the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Process. Please make sure to submit an application through the Career Services Office.
Other interested students should contact our Human Resources Director.
Current Job Opportunities
- IT Administrator - [Albuquerque - Full Time] - Job Reference # 00041111
- Assistant Trial Attorney - [Albuquerque - Full Time] - Job Reference # 0003
- Senior Trial Attorney - [Albuquerque - Full Time] - Job Reference # 0001
- Trial Attorney - [Albuquerque - Full Time] - Job Reference # 0002
- Legal Secretary - [Albuquerque - Full Time] - Job Reference # 0004
- Prosecution Specialist - [Albuquerque - Full Time] - Job Reference # 0005
- Victim Witness Assistant - [Albuquerque - Full Time] - Job Reference # 0006