To improve the quality of life of the citizens of Bernalillo County through the thoughtful enforcement of criminal laws and the establishment of a criminal justice system that reflects the values and priorities of this community.
Initiatives and Goals for the Office:
"Gun Safe" Initiative
In coordination with the US Attorney's office, we will seek to:
- Identify domestic abusers with firearms
- Ensure these individuals relinquish their firearms once subject to a domestic violence restraining order
- Ensure the firearm is not returned without a subsequent background check
- Ensure accountability when the prohibited person fails to comply with the relinquishment order.
To stream line and make prosecutions more efficient, we will become:
- Data Driven - prioritizing cases based upon the danger presented by the individual defendant and allocate resources to maximize the reduction of crime
- Community Oriented - by assigning prosecution teams to defined communities within the County and develop tailored crime reduction strategies
- Vertically integrated - by making line prosecutors responsible for specific defendants
- Personalized - by making prosecutors responsible for assessing and prosecuting and driving outcomes for individual defendants.
Increase Taylor's Pay... Everyone knows he really deserves it. -AM
To increase morale and ensure a higher quality work product, we will:
- Give Taylor a substantial pay raise
- Provide Taylor with free room and board
- Dramatically increase Taylor's responsibility and authority.
- Ensure that Taylor gets a parking spot
- Find new avenues for allowing Taylor to increase his pay through soliciting private donations.